Time: 1 pm and 7 pm EST
Discipline(s): OT PT
Seminar Sponsor: Mobility Research - Institute of Continuing Education
Phone Number: (480) 829-1727
Contact Email: email@example.com
Website/Register: Click Here
Pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapists today are seeing a greater proportion of children diagnosed with ASD on their caseloads than they were 10 -15 years ago. The experiences of a fairly large outpatient pediatric private practice are presented in this webinar, highlighting the effective use of a treadmill to promote improved sensory regulation, attention, social interaction, appropriate language, and overall level of fitness. This course will provide a basic understanding of how to implement treadmill training in all disciplines of therapy, as a preparatory intervention to help achieve more optimal outcomes in PT, OT, and ST, as well as how to train caregivers to use this highly effective tool at home or school.
At the completion of this webinar, participants will:
1. Understand the physiological, social, and sensory benefits of treadmill training with children ‘on the spectrum’.
2. Understand how to introduce a child with a diagnosis of ASD to the treadmill.
3. Treatment ideas and tricks to maintain safe and effective use of treadmill training during therapy.
4. Understand how to address goals for ST, OT, and PT via use of the treadmill.
5. Become aware of unique considerations using the treadmill with children diagnosed with ASD
Course Timeline: 90 minutes
20 minutes: Review of ASD and CPG/recommendations for exercise
20 minutes: Unique approaches for ASD using the treadmill for PT, OT and ST
20 minutes: Case Studies/Outcomes
20 minutes: Taking it Home/Taking it to School
15 minutes: Review of specific treatment "tricks", safety, special considerations, Q&A
Click here for more Pediatric CE opportunities.