Time: 8 am - 5:00 pm
Location/Facility: Alternative HealthCare Solutions
City/State: Willoughby (Cleveland), OH
Discipline(s): OT PT LMP Chiro AT
Seminar Sponsor: Alternative HealthCare Solutions
Phone Number: (440) 918-0836
Contact Email: email@example.com
Website/Register: Click Here
This course covers detailed techniques for the neck, general shoulder techniques, and specific treatments for the thoracic vertebrae and the ribs. This includes techniques for balancing the occiput on the atlas, the atlas on the axis, and other techniques for the rest of the cervical vertebrae. Also, Tom shows techniques to assess and re-align each thoracic vertebrae, and how to correct rib dysfunctions such as ribs that are stuck in inhalation, exhilation, and compressed ribs. On the muscular side, the course shows many releases for the neck/shoulder region that can be done before the joints are addressed.
This two-day course involves a mix of theory, demonstration and hands on practice. Actual evaluation and treatments will be performed by each participant using the methods learned. Plenty of time is allotted for hands on practice as well as questions and discussion.
* Understand the basic concepts of muscles as they relate to the somatic dysfunctions
* Understand the overwhelming advantages of MET vs Manipulation
* Be familiar with muscle spindle structure as well as its neuro-faciliatory functions
* Be able to palpate a "barrier" and understand the physiologic significance
* Identify gait / stance asymmetries as they relate to somatic dysfunction
* Palpate basic landmarks of Ribs, Shoulder, Thoracic / Cervical Spine
* The participant will differentiate between Vertebral Artery, Upper Cervical Stability Testing and BPPV
* Evaluate Ribs, Shoulder, Thoracic and Cervical Spine for asymmetry and hypo-mobility
* Decide on a proper sequence for treating a variety of somatic asymmetries
* Perform basic Muscle Energy Techniques for Ribs, Shoulder, Thoracic / Cervical Spine
* Be able to dialog with patients about perpetuating factors and Upper Cross Pattern
* Demonstrate basic stabilization exercises for Ribs, Shoulder, Thoracic / Cervical Spine
Click here for more Muscle Energy and other Orthopedic Continuing Education Courses.