Seminar Sponsor: Envision University
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website/Register: Click Here
The purpose of this course is to educate the vision rehabilitation provider on components of static and dynamic balance, focusing on the visual system. Discussion of falls and mobility and the role of the provider will also be included. Upon completion, attendees will be able to identify at-risk patients, screen for fall risk and refer appropriately. AOTA Classification: Domain of OT; Occupational Therapy Process.
Instruction Level: Introductory
1. Identify the key components of the postural control systems.
2. Discuss various fall risk predictive measures.
3. Interpret the effect of vision on balance and mobility.
4. Understand the impact of falls on health and quality of life.
5. Identify the role of the vision rehabilitation provider in balance and mobility in