Time: 8 am - 5:00 pm
Location/Facility: Alternative HealthCare Solutions
City/State: Willoughby (Cleveland), OH
Discipline(s): OT PT LMP Chiro AT
Seminar Sponsor: Alternative HealthCare Solutions
Phone Number: (440) 918-0836
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website/Register: Click Here
This course covers the pelvis, sacrum and lumbar spine. Specifically, this course includes corrections for a pelvis upslip, downslip, rotations, inflair and outflair and pubic bone dysfunctions. It also covers Sacral rotations, and unilateral flexion/extension dysfunctions. The lumbar section covers one or multiple vertebrae stuck in flexion or extensions. In addition to all this, there is also a section on using muscle energy to balance and relax all the muscles surrounding the hips.
This two-day course involves a mix of theory, demonstration and hands on practice. Actual evaluation and treatments will be performed by each participant using the methods learned. Plenty of time is allotted for hands on practice as well as questions and discussion.
* Understand the basic concepts of muscles as they relate to the somatic dysfunctions
* Understand the overwhelming advantages of MET vs Manipulation
* Be familiar with muscle spindle structure as well as its neuro-faciliatory functions
* Be able to palpate a "barrier" and understand the physiologic significance
* Identify gait / stance asymmetries as they relate to somatic dysfunction
* Palpate the basic landmarks of the Pelvis, Sacrum and Lumbar spine
* Evaluate the Pelvis, Sacrum, and Lumbar spine for asymmetry and hypomobility
* Decide on a proper sequence for treating a variety of somatic asymmetries
* Perform basic Muscle Energy Techniques for the Pelvis, Sacrum, and Lumbar spine
* Be able to dialog with patients about perpetuating factors and intercourse precautions
* Demonstrate basic stabilization exercises for Pelvic, Sacral and Lumbar dysfunctions
Click here for more Muscle Energy and other Orthopedic Continuing Education Courses.